For those who came along to the Count Down to Summer and Fusion Christmas catch up and were extremely addicted to Donna’s super fresh seedy crackers (was there anyone who didn’t help demolish them in approximately five seconds?)… Well… I officially have the recipe in my hot little hands and she wasn’t joking when she said they were easy to make.
Like… Ridiculously easy.
Thanks to Donna for sending it through for all of us to enjoy in time for the holidays. Crackers don’t get much healthier than this over the Christmas break. We have all established they pair incredibly well with homemade beetroot hummus as well.
1 cup water
1/2 cup flaxseeds
2 TBS chia seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 tsp good quality sea salt (important when we are sweating lots and eating clean)
Cheese & Onion
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp garlic powder
As much chilli powder as you like 😉
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and line a tray with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all the seeds and salt with your choice of seasoning (or natural). Add the water and stir until well combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Allow the mixture to sit 30 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared tray using a large spatula. Ideally it should be no higher than 5mm. Score the mixture by pressing a sharp knife down to create lines. This will make it easier to break into evenly sized crackers after cooking. Or do what I (Sarah) did and skip this step and make a big mess of ridiculously uneven crackers.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and break into individual crackers. This should be fairly simple if scored well before cooking (note this point please.. ha). Carefully turn the crackers over and return to the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- TIP: for extra crunch, allow to cool completely in the oven before eating.
Enjoy guilt free 🙂 but don’t forget to share.
Have the most amazing Christmas break with your family and friends, and thank you for an amazing year beautiful Fusion Yoga community!